The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce and Convention and Visitors Bureau works year round to promote the Grand Strand area as a family-friendly vacation destination by showcasing the areas restaurants, entertainment venues, attractions and more. From advertising to convention recruitment to garnering media coverage, the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber/CVB uses a variety of marketing strategies to attract visitors to our shores.
This website is designed to keep stakeholders, community leaders, local media and the general public informed on how the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber/CVB continues to promote the Myrtle Beach area and attract millions of visitors year after year.
Stay current on CVB marketing updates and presentations, take a look at what Visit Myrtle Beach commercials are being aired and in what media markets and view the firsthand results of Myrtle Beach area marketing efforts by reading the CVB News posts. Also, keep up-to-date on all of the accolades and national media coverage garnered for the Myrtle Beach area.
Through strategic and consistent marketing efforts, the Myrtle Beach area is able to compete as one of the nation’s top vacation destinations. With this website, you’re able to see the entire scope of this Grand Strand marketing plan in action.
Grand Strand 2020 Vision
annual milestones targeted for 2020
- Welcoming 20 million visitors.
- Welcoming 1 million deplanements at the Myrtle Beach International Airport.
- Attracting 300,000 new group room nights.
- Generating $8 billion in economic impact.
GRAND STRAND 2020 CUMULATIVE 5 YEAR IMPACT will be:
- Generating $750 million in publicity (per industry standard advertising equivalency value).
- Generating 50,000 real estate leads from tourism marketing.
- Attracting $200 million in capital investment.
- Welcoming 95 million visitors.
- Welcoming 5.2 million deplanements at the Myrtle Beach International Airport.
- Attracting 1.3 million new group room nights.
- Creating 1,000 new jobs.