At the Myrtle Beach Area Hospitality Association’s 43rd Annual Breakfast Meeting brought to you by HTC, the 2017 Hospitality Industry Awards were presented. The awards recognize outstanding achievements by Grand Strand hospitality leaders and businesses based on their hard work and dedication to the growth of the hospitality industry and the association.
- Heart of the House Employee of the Year – Anthony Romeo, Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
- Front Line Employee of the Year – Maribeth Lamuraglia, Dagwood’s Deli
- Hospitality Services Member of the Year – Katelyn Guild, Kali Klicks LLC
- Hotelier of the Year – David Nelson, Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
- Chef of the Year – Jason Scarborough, US Foods
- Restaurateur of the Year – Gregory Pranzo, Wahlburgers Myrtle Beach
Winners in applicable categories will be submitted as nominees for the Stars of the Industry Awards presented by the South Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association.